Sunday, March 1, 2009

March Madness!

No, I'm not talking about the basketball tournament. Welcome to March... it was 70 degrees here yesterday and today it is snowing, we've gotten several inches so far and it isn't stopping any time soon! Hopefully it'll be warm again for my shower in less than three weeks! :O

I need to start blogging daily again and not just saying 'food was good' but writing down everything that I ate. I'm still on board but I am seeing that I'm starting to get sloppy and taking a bite of this or a bite of that and it will really add up.

Tonight is the first of our ballroom dancing lessons and I am so excited. Unfortunately, most things shut down entirely when it snows here (every few years) so Ben and I aren't sure if they'll have the class. We signed up online so there is no number to call, we'll just have to go and see what happens. I hope it works out because I'm also counting it as some exercise for today since I can't get outside to do anything else (besides make a snowman, etc. haha)

Not sure if I updated about this yet, but Thursday we had the final taste testing and finalized everything for the reception menu. We'll have two passed appetizers -- vegetarian spring rolls (SO good) and stuffed mushrooms that are stuffed with some kind of cheese that is definitely a gift from God, and spinach. Then we have two kinds of salads -- a tossed salad with all the fixings, as well as a cucumber & tomato salad in an italian dressing base. I don't eat tomatoes but mom & Ben assure me it tastes good, haha. Then of course we'll have big rolls to go with the dinner. I went 'white meat' for the two entrees. All of the beef options were far too fancy for my palate, Ben & I don't like seafood & don't want the smell and I wasn't feeling pasta. The chicken option is baked chicken stuffed with feta, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach topped with a cream sauce. Sounds like something I'd never eat but I actually liked it. Then we have a honey dijon crusted pork loin with a dijon sauce... it was amazing, I think. Those will be served with garlic mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. I think it'll work well. I'm also happy because my sister and her family are all vegetarians and they can eat everything aside from the two meat entrees. For the kids meals I did a cheese pizza with a fruit cup, I figure all the kids will like that and it works for her two little ones who are also vegetarians.

Tomorrow is my first fitting for my gown... and I have my veil, shoes, strapless bra, etc ready. Mom ordered a veil on ebay, and I hadn't seen it until it arrived. It's just okay. It's two tier and we were wanting one tier, and the crystal beading is much thicker than we had thought/wanted. Since it's not from a store it's not like we can just return it, so we decided we'd hold off on making the 'official' judgement until I have it on with the rest of the ensemble tomorrow at the fitting. I'm more optimistic that it'll be fine than mom is, it seems.

My MOH (who lives in NY) wanted to see the dress I got for the shower so she has an idea for when she goes shopping for her dress, so I had Ben snap a few pics last night. I just threw it on, and put my shoes on to get some 'general idea' pics, so don't be too judgemental, lol.

Here's the dress for my shower --


I'm sure it'll look much better once I'm a bit more tan... haha. But it works, it's green & lime is one of my wedding colors, and I think it fits for a spring time bridal shower. Hopefully there's no freak snow.

I do need a pair of white heels for it though. I was thinking just a nice pair of classic white pumps. FSIL needs white heels for her shower dress as well. Yesterday we went to... drumroll please... - Kohl's, two Rosses, two Targets, Rugged Warehouse, The Shoe Carnival, two Rack Rooms, Payless, TJ Maxx, Dillard's, DSW, Famous Footwear, The Shoe Shop .... is that everything? I think so. NONE OF THEM HAD WHITE HEELS. Well, one did but they were like $45 and I'm not paying that much. A couple other places had white dress shoes but they were that gross like 1" heel height and I don't like those.

So Ben calls and I tell him what we're up to and he's like "Oh I know where you can find some!" so I'm thinking "Ugh, what a girl... BUT I LOVE HIM! WHERE?!" haha... and he's like "They're a little expensive..." ... "They're over $300 but they are AT HOME IN YOUR CLOSET." haha

He's speaking, of course, of my Stuart Weitzman Lovers which have yet to be dyed. I did consider wearing them for the shower, and mom said that I should... but I just don't want to. It's the women that will fully appreciate these shoes and I don't want to show them off now before the wedding when they're dyed fuchsia and extra fabulous. I might wind up having to wear them though if I can't find other white shoes.

So I had Ben take some photos of them last night! And here they are...


and then here is how the back is... it's a little zipper and then the bow snaps over it so I don't have to worry about tying a pretty bow.

& because I still can't believe it... I have to post this. I don't regret it AT ALL, which is the most surprising part to me.

So there they are in all their Bridal Glory! hahaha

I also got my earrings yesterday. I won't say anything about the dress in case Ben reads this.... but yeah , I got my earrings. When I go for my hair trial I might change them. If there is enough hair down in front to pull these giant ones off than I will, but if it mostly winds up being down behind my shoulders I will switch to something a little smaller.


and here's a sneak peak at the kid's Coloring/Activity books for the wedding.

They are printed on heavy white cardstock and will have ribbons to tie them (right now they're just paperclipped) I bought a fuchsia polka dot ribbon for the girls and then a green & white damask patterned ribbon for the boys but the photo didn't capture it well at all. I also have little keychain sized marker packs to attach.


& then here are a few example pages from the inside:

Wow... adding pictures to this thing takes an incredibly long time. I'm going to jet off to get ready for the dance lesson now! YAY!

2 comments:

  1. I love the dress and am so happy you got your shoes! They are beautiful my dear. It looks like you are getting a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress! I I don't like many dresses!

    ReplyDelete