Thursday, February 26, 2009

I OWN THE SHOES!

Oh my God! I own them! haha! I'm PUMPED! Tonight after work my mom and I drove out to the mall to hit up Stuart Weitzman. I knew they didn't carry half sizes so if I needed a 7.5 I'd have to order it. But the 7 wound up fitting perfectly and we brought them home! SQUEE! I didn't leave them there to be dyed because #1 I forgot to bring the color swatch with us and #2 I want to get in for my first fittings for my dress. I also need white shoes for my bridal shower, and halfway considered wearing them white for the shower and THEN having them dyed for the wedding. Plus with my short shower dress the girls (who will appreciate them) will actually get to see them. But then again, it'd probably be more fun to do a 'big reveal' at the wedding. I'll have plenty of time later to wear them. They will be dyed fuchsia, and then I can still wear them with little black dresses, etc. After a year or so if I'm tired of that it won't cost much to dye them black and then I can wear them ALL THE TIME! They are SO comfortable and adorable. I asked Ben to take pictures but he didn't want to tonight. :( I am literally THRILLED. I told the lady in the store I was more in love with these than my gown. haha. I walked out of the shoe store and I really thought I heard angela (or Edward, same thing) singing. I told my mom this was the happiest day of my life. HAHAHA. How did I ever become THAT person?! Oh well, I am, and it's totally awesome.

I'm not even going to taint this post with updates on anything else. Everything else is GREAT because I have killer shoes.
(oh we got our first RSVP 'no' in -- someone on Ben's dad's list that I have no idea who they are, so... YAY! haha. Also got 5 yeses. I LOVE MAIL! AND SHOES!)

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy you got them! Have you watched Sex And The City? Are you going to turn into Carrie Bradshaw with a shoe addiction? Stuart Weitzman is your Minolo! lol You have to get Ben to take pics! I wanna see them on you! Yay for 1 no since you have some unexpected extras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy I got them too! haha

    Yes Ben and I watched all the seasons of SATC when we first moved in together before the cable was turned on. It was awesome, we went and saw the movie opening day! haha. Stuart Weitzman IS my Manolo! Did you see the movie how she wears her blue shoes for her wedding? I have little blue shoes to go with my rehearsal dinner dress and I always think of Carrie. haha. I'm at my mom's right now (we just did our second taste testing) and now I'm hoping the mail comes before I leave for class. I'm a mail junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! I remember the blue shoes! I bet your rehersal dinner dress is gorgeous too! I love SATC! Chris bought the DVD for me. I'm gonna have to watch it again. I spelled Manolo wrong. Whoops! I know you hate it when people spell stuff wrong. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE my rehearsal dress! It's strapless sweetheart top with a bubble mid thigh skirt. I wanted something 'bridal' so it's creme with darker creme polka dots. It's very cute/girly. I'll have blue peep toe pumps with a blue skinny belt & I already got a little clutch to match! haha. This weekend I need to go shopping for a good pair of white heels to go with my shower dress.

    ReplyDelete